Today a high percentage of the population lives with back pain. Pain can come through different ways. After an accident, a fall, a bad posture, after lifting up something heavy, working too much or perhaps doing nothing except resting on the couch.
Although the pain may manifest on one exact day, most probably it is the result of a process of irritation that started sometime ago.
Some possible initial causes of back pain:
* Bad posture at work, on the desk, on the sofa, while driving, etc.
* Sleep on an uncomfortable bed.
* Lack of exercise or exercise done incorrectly.
* Emotional stress.
* Muscle tension.
* Falls, sport injuries, traffic accidents, fights...
* Bad diet/obesity
* Walk with bad shoes
* Carrying weights
* Sedentary lifestyle
* Misalignments, malformations or degeneration of the spine.
* Drugs (legal or illegal).